Thursday, January 13, 2011

Short but Sweet

As we touched down in Denver last night, Rick and I were commenting on how there was still snow on the ground, wondering if the Broncos had picked a new head coach, etc., when we realized, "That's right, we really just left yesterday!"  We had only been gone for 36 hours but it sure didn't feel that way!

As quick as it was, our trip was event-filled for sure!  The day before our trip, I received notice from everyone involved that a blizzard was heading in their direction.  The same blizzard that visited Denver on Sunday was now headed their way!  We were warned that our flight home might not happen.  We gave it a little thought and decided that we would go ahead with the plan and make the best of whatever happened.  We landed in NY no problem, got our rental car and were on our way to meet the guys for dinner.  As we drove, I was noticing just how pretty New York is...all of the buildings, with all of the lights....  We have been to NY before, years and years ago, but I don't think I appreciated it's beauty then.  It is SO different than Denver, but I loved it!!!  As I hung my cell phone out the car window to take a picture of the city, Rick was commenting that I looked like such a tourist!  Haha!  I promptly reminded him that I didn't really care.  :)  Dinner was our favorite part of the trip.  It is so comfortable and fun to hang out with George and Farid, and it dawned on me several times that it felt like we had known them much longer than we actually have.  I am so blessed to have been matched with such a great couple!  We sat at dinner for about 5 hours and talked the night away! 

Although we didn't want to leave, it was midnight and it had begun to snow.  Rick and I still had to drive into CT where our hotel was located.  The normally 1 hour drive took 3, and I have to give Rick so much credit...those roads were NOT pretty, and those drivers were NOT experienced.  He did an awesome job getting us there safe and sound!  As we arrived at the hotel, we kicked the snow off our shoes and attempted to check in.  Unfortunately, the computers were down and so we waited in the empty lobby  for 20 minutes or so for check in.  FYI... there is not much going on in Connecticut hotel lobbies at 3 in the morning. :)  When we got to our room, I couldn't get my teeth brushed and jammies on fast enough--we crashed!

The next morning we hopped in the car and headed to the Clinic.  Snow had continued to fall overnight and we had about a foot or so downtown.  As we got closer to the clinic, it appeared that they had gotten even more snow than downtown, probably closer to 18 inches.  The staff at the clinic were very welcoming and personable.  It was fun for me to finally meet all of these people I had been exchanging emails with!  We spoke with the Dr., had my ultrasound, did our bloodwork and received instructions for administering injections.  Start to finish we were there for an hour and a half. 

Our drive back into NY was uneventful.  The roads had been cleared well and we had no problems at all.  We had been monitoring our flight throughout the day and although many, many flights had been cancelled, ours appeared to be heading out!  Even the snow couldn't keep this trip from going perfectly!

I am happy to report that Dr. Doyle thinks my uterus looks great!  We hope to have our cycle schedule soon and are looking forward to having babies on the way before we know it!!

By Wednesday afternoon, the roads were clear!


  1. It's awesome that you have a wonderful relationship with you IFs. Sounds like this trip was great! =) I am looking forward to following the rest of your journey. Best wishes with everything.

  2. Best of luck, I loved dr. Doyle


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...