Sunday, January 13, 2013

Question #1 What Exactly Do You Do For Circle Surrogacy?



In order to best explain to you what my job entails, we are going to play a little game of make believe. So if you'll please join me in putting on your imagination hats.  Mine looks like this:


Got your hat on?  Good.

Now let's pretend you're a potential surrogate. You've thought about it, done some research, you've even Googled it. (Good choice.  Google rocks.)  Your search will hopefully lead you here: Surrogacy Guide: An Introduction To Surrogacy  Once you've downloaded the guide, you have my contact information and are encouraged to contact me with any questions you may have. You'll also receive an email from me thanking you for downloading the guide, and introducing myself.  If you've got questions, I'm your girl.  You and I communicate back and forth, sometimes for an afternoon, sometimes for months.  If I do my job well, you'll feel excited about taking the next step - applying.

This pre-application communication is something I very much enjoy.  However, it may surprise you to know that this role is just a very small part of my job.  Each and every application that is submitted to Circle Surrogacy is reviewed and processed by yours truly.  Some applications cannot be accepted due to the requirements and guidelines set in place by the agency and the IVF clinics with which we work.  One thing I am extremely proud of is the fact that we send a response to each and every application we receive.  You're not left wondering if we received your application, if you've been approved or not.  You'll receive an email from me either way.  And you'll hear from me in a timely fashion.  Almost always within 24 hours.  

Since we're imagining, and I call the shots in my imagination, your application has just been accepted!  Yay!  I'm so excited for you!  You will receive an email from me welcoming you to our program.  I will have attached all the paperwork we will need from you.  It's a lot of paperwork, and I completely understand that you may be feeling overwhelmed.  Don't worry.  I'm here to help you through all of it.  I will be available to answer all of your questions and help to ease any concerns you may have about the process.  TOGETHER, we'll get all of your paperwork and medical records collected so that we can submit your file to our IVF physicians and insurance company for approval.  I do not work alone. There are several awesome women I work with who do an amazing job making this process run quickly and smoothly.  Once you are approved by our physician and insurance company, you have officially "graduated" from pre-screening and you and I tearfully say our goodbyes.  Ok, so maybe you're not tearful, you're usually pretty darn excited. You are now on to screening with one of our amazing social workers.  Screening is the last step before....MATCHING with intended parents!  

So there you have it.  My job in a nutshell.  Now repeat the above scenario a few times.  Well, maybe more than a few times.  As we speak, I am at one of the aforementioned stages with 156 surrogates.  No, that was not a typo.  One hundred fifty six.  I work a lot.  Some people can't believe the number of hours I work in a week.  They can't understand why I would be ok working a 10 hour workday, only to work some more at night.  They think it's crazy that I usually work 7 days a week.  They have the most puzzled look on their faces as they ask me, "WHY?"


Why?  Well that's simple.  Because I love it.



www.circlesurrogacy.com

3 comments:

  1. 156 surrogates? That's so awesome! I didn't realize how many women are out there hoping to become surrogates. Such good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% jealous of your employment!! Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...