Friday, May 25, 2012

HATS


MOTHER
SURROGATE LIAISON
ACCOUNTANT
ADVOCATE
WIFE
CAKE DECORATOR
HOUSEKEEPER
BLOGGER

These are only a few of the hats I am wearing these days.  

It's been busy.  
It's been an adjustment.

You see, I have spent the better part of my adult life wearing A hat...maybe 2 hats at a time.  Life has now offered me many, many hats to wear.  Each hat has it's own features.  I look better in some of the hats than the others.  Some hats are more comfortable than others. Some days I wish I could get rid of a hat, even if just for a short period of time.  

I'm learning how to manage my hat arsenal.  It's definitely a process and I am doing my best to embrace the process.  Right now, I attempt to practice wearing one hat at a time.  This is easier said than done for me, the ULTIMATE multi-tasker.  I remind myself approximately 4,761,980 times a day to:

BE IN THE MOMENT.

Choose a hat.  
Wear it well!  
And when it's time to change hats, be ok with the change.  
Put on the next hat...and wear that hat well!  

Ideally, at the end of each day, I've worn many a hat 
and rocked each and every one.  
This is my wish.  
My goal.

Most importantly, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have 
such a plethora of head accessories available to me. 

Because....well....this chick LOVES to accessorize.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are one busy lady...there is nothing wrong with just wearing one hat at a time, and and then switching when you need too- I have the same problem, wanting to do it all at once and sometimes its just not possible! Good Luck rocking each hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear those hats with pride! You seem to wear them well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...