Once suppressed by the Lupron you will commence an estrogen medication called Estrace. This medication causes the lining of the uterus to become thick to prepare for the upcoming implantation of the embryo(s). In addition you may be required to take a daily Lupron injection subcutaneously (under the skin) in the evening. After approximately 10 days on the Estrace pills you will be required to have an ultrasound done to measure the lining of your uterus to check that the Estrace has been thickening the lining appropriately. If so, then the donor will commence her ovarian stimulation and you will stay on the Estrace pills until she is ready for egg retrieval.
Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid) is among the most commonly used drugs. Low dose (baby aspirin) is being taken more and more to reduce such things as heart attacks and strokes. There is increasing data to suggest that taking a single baby aspirin each day can improve pregnancy outcomes with fertility treatments such as In Vitro Fertilization.
Why would a baby aspirin improve pregnancy rates?
There are several theories:
- Aspirin has a positive affect on the body’s immune system and the associated antibodies which may interfere with the embryo’s ability to attach to the lining of the uterus.
- Baby aspirin may help improve blood supply to various organs. This might help to:
- improve the quality or number of eggs produced by the ovaries
- improve the lining of the uterus
- and/or help keep the blood vessels of the placenta open.
So here's another crazy fact...I will be leaving for New York for our transfer in about 4 weeks! Eeeeekkk!!!! Isn't that exciting news?! I cannot believe how quickly the time is going now and that in just over a month's time, George and Farid will have babies on the way!!!!
Does this make anyone else grin ear to ear?