Monday, June 25, 2012

One Thousand Words


Recently I was invited to write a guest blog post for Circle Surrogacy.  Guest blogging is an opportunity that I have been longing for.  One that excited and terrified me at the same time.  You see, I'm comfortable writing for all of you.  I feel like I know you...like you know me.  To put a piece of writing out there for a whole new group of potential readers is just a wee bit scary for me.  What exactly should I write about?  Should it be serious?  Funny?  Heart warming? How long should it be?  Instead of over-thinking it, I just started to write.  The final result was a journey - from transfer to delivery - in just under 1000 words. Our journey was worth far more than 1000 words, but this was an opportunity to provide a glimpse into the world I know and love.  The world of surrogacy.

I want the whole world to see what an amazing thing surrogacy is.  People need to know how many families are created each and every day thanks to surrogacy.  The more we share our amazing stories, the more we help to open the eyes of all of those people who either don't know about surrogacy, or have a negative view of it.  My hope, my dream, my goal is to shed some light on the beauty of surrogacy.  One person at a time.  One blog post at a time.

Chalk up one more fear conquered.  

Here it is folks.  My very first (hopefully of many) guest blog post.





2 comments:

  1. Cross it off your bucketlist! It's a wonderful (as always) post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing writing, Jeni--never be afraid to do that. Wonderfully written and everything you wanted it to be--heartwarming, funny, serious.

    You ARE the BOMB DIGGITY!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...