- During this week, the babies will triple in size to about 1/4 inch.
- Every minute, about 100,000 nerve cells form. Every MINUTE!!
- The eyes, nose, mouth and ears are beginning to take shape.
- The heart is beating about 100-160 times a minute...almost twice as fast as ours do.
- The intestines are developing and the bud of tissue that will give rise to the lungs has appeared.
- The pituitary gland is forming as are the brain, muscles and bones.
One more week until our ultrasound!!! Eeeeekkkkk! I can't wait!! :-)