We have our 10 week ultrasound this afternoon, so I will post more later but I SO enjoy sharing all of the incredible things going on in the womb at these week markers, so here goes:
- Babies are the size of a kumquat* (am I the only person who had to Google what a kumquat looks like?) I read somewhere else, the size of a prune (now that I can picture!) :)
- The babies have now completed the most critical portion of development!
- During this fetal period, the tissues and organs rapidly grow and mature.
- Peach fuzz hair is beginning to grow on tender skin.
- Babies are swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm! (SO excited to feel those kicks soon!)
- Crown to rump, babies are about 1 1/4 inches long!
- Babies could experience their first case of hiccups this week!
It has been difficult for me to think about going to the ultrasound without the guys this afternoon. It doesn't feel quite right without them here to see their little ones in person! :( It sounds like I could be having quite a few ultrasounds over the coming months and I know that they cannot be here for every single one, so it's just something I will have to get used to. I'm taking the camcorder and will record the entire thing to send to them, so I guess that will have to do! Looking forward to posting news and pics a little later this afternoon!
*kumquat-The edible fruit closely resembles that of the orange, but is much smaller and ovular, being approximately the size and shape of an olive.