Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Birthday...

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!  Ours was busy as we celebrated Skyler's birthday!  She had her parties on Saturday and we celebrated as a family all day on Sunday!  I can't believe it's been 10 years since she arrived!  I can still remember it like it was yesterday... Mothers Day 2001.  The doc decided that my blood pressure had gotten high enough and it was time for this baby to receive her eviction notice!  Well, Skyler put up a fight as she was super cozy in there and didn't seem to want to vacate!  She took  her time...28 hours... we were all so thrilled when she finally arrived.  We have a picture of her just minutes after birth, laying in the bassinet with the nurses cleaning her off and she has her hands clasped together over her chest.  Everyone said she looked just like an angel...and it's true!  She's been our angel ever since!


Whether from all of the celebratin'  or just a random pregnancy moment, Sunday was a rough day for me.  I felt really wiped out!  My body wanted to be completely still, I didn't seem to have the energy to move!  As a rule, I try to listen to what my body is saying because I truly believe that our bodies will tell us what it needs.  On days when I feel tired and low on energy, I take it easy...sit around as much as I can...get some extra sleep, etc.  We can't always know what's going on inside our bodies, but I believe that our bodies are designed to let us know what it's needing.  Anyway, it was hard for me because Skyler's birthday was not a day that I wanted to be laying around in bed all day!  We made it through the day with some low key activities and I did get a little rest in the afternoon.  Today I am feeling a little better, although still pretty low energy.  I plan to go to work for a couple hours and then set up camp in bed for the afternoon/evening!  :)

Oh!  On Saturday night, we ordered Chinese for dinner.  I actually got a fortune that meant something for once!! 

A great honor will be bestowed upon you with the coming year.

Already has.

Continues to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...