I had a great talk with Farid last night! Our chat made me even more excited for all that is to come! One of the things that we talked about, (and something that I feel very strongly about) is trust.
I am getting ready to carry THEIR children! Everyone tends to always think of the surrogate and how "difficult" that would be! I invite you to step into George and Farid's shoes and imagine how "difficult" it would be to put so much trust in someone who is carrying your children for 9 months!!! Their eggs are literally in MY basket! (Although, let's be real...this basket is proving to be a 5-star basket!) ;-)
I take my role in this journey very seriously! My hope is that Farid and George will be able to relax (as much as possible) and enjoy this pregnancy, knowing that their kids are being well cared for. On that note, here are a few promises that I make to them:
- I promise to receive proper medical care. This includes all Dr. appointments, all medications and any recommendations made by those in charge of my medical care.
- I promise to eat nourishing foods, and avoid foods that are not nourishing.
- I promise to rest. I will take the time needed each and every day to rest, and recognize the importance of rest for my body, and the health of your babies.
- I promise to take care of myself physically, mentally and emotionally, knowing that my health plays an important role in the babies' health.
- I promise I will take no unnecessary risks.
- I promise to maintain a positive attitude throughout this pregnancy. I will never take for granted the opportunity that I have been given to give you this gift.
- I promise to represent us and our situation with grace and dignity, knowing that others are watching and learning from this experience.
- And finally, I promise to deliver healthy, happy babies into your waiting, loving arms and feel an overwhelming sense of pride at being able to do so.
The countdown is on, my friends! We're almost pregnant!! :-)